Many people know about the benefits of stretching – it helps to improve flexibility and coordination, makes the muscles elastic, forms a beautiful figure, improves health. The first association of most people with stretching is the twine exercises. But in fact, everything is far from being limited to this – for effective training you need to stretch the entire body from neck to toe.
Effective exercises for stretching the whole body, presented below, will help to achieve excellent results, if you perform them regularly.
Stretching refers to exercises aimed at improving the flexibility of the body. In modern medicine, stretching is present in a complex of rehabilitation programs for restoring the body’s mobility after injuries. In professional sports stretching is mandatory: it prevents traumatic sprains of ligaments, muscles of tendons at high loads, and when they occur, significantly increases the speed of recovery of the athlete.
As a rule, stretching the body begins with the muscles of the neck, then go to the shoulders, back, hands, chest, press, and lastly stretch the legs. We present a set of exercises for stretching the entire body with the right sequence.
Features and benefits of stretching
Absolutely every person can choose their own set of stretching exercises. In contrast, even from the “sport of lazy” Scandinavian walking with sticks, in which there are some restrictions on classes, in this case, they simply do not exist. Train your body, achieving a high muscle tone and their active oxygenation, you can at any time, at any age and in any physical form.
It is only necessary to take into account several nuances, so that exercises for flexibility and stretching will not harm you.
- There are 2 types of stretching:static and dynamic. The first involves performing exercises in one posture with a maximum load on certain muscles. The second allows you to make sharp movements to increase stretching. At the first stage in the set of exercises for beginners, one can not categorically practice dynamic loads. This can lead to stretching and rupture of ligaments and tendons.
- The effect from the exercises you will see quickly: feel the increased strength of muscles, improve your well-being due to a more active saturation of the body with oxygen. Even your skin will refresh, and a few centimeters of fat will disappear from the sides. But now you can not sit on a twine fast for an unprepared person. Exercises for stretching on the twine will give a result in about 3 months.
- You can not stretch from a state of rest. Before the main complex, you need to warm up the muscles: jump on the rope, make a few flies with your feet, poprisede. And only when you feel that the blood is actively “played in the veins,” proceed.
Perform exercises for stretching muscles at any time of the day. But according to fitness trainers, the best moment will be the evening. After ab workout, simple gymnastics can relax you and calm down.
- During classes, you should feel only the tension of the muscles and ligaments, but not the pain! An intense sharp pain indicates damage that can not be tolerated. Do everything smoothly and accurately, listening to your feelings.
Stretching for the legs
Exercises for stretching the legs will help tighten the hips and tibia, tone the calves, eliminate the sagging effect in the riding breeches. The simplest complex for beginners includes only 4 exercises.
- Make a lung forward with your right foot, move the left backwards. The knee of the left leg should then rest against the floor. As a support for the hands, use the right knee or floor.
- Slowly bend forward. When you begin to feel the tension of the thigh muscles, freeze and hold in this position for at least 30 seconds.
- Take a deep breath, then on exhalation try to lean forward again, as far as possible. Re-lock for 30 seconds.
After doing this, change your foot and repeat again.
- In the same position, lean on the knee of your left leg. Right straighten out completely. Lock your hands on the floor.
- While keeping your back straight, slowly tilt your body forward. When as low as possible, stop for 30 seconds.
- Take a breath, on exhalation try to bend even lower. At this point, you should feel the stretching of the muscles of the back of the thigh. After 30 seconds, return to the initial position.
Do the same with the other leg.
- Lie down with your back on the floor, lift up your right leg and grab it just above the knee with your right hand.
- Relax, take a deep breath. Then, on exhalation, slowly begin to pull your foot towards you. When reaching the “peak point” hold for 30 seconds. Make sure that the foot is absolutely flat.
Repeat the exercise with your left foot.
- Sitting on the floor, connect your feet, and elbows rest on your knees.
- Leaning forward, slowly press elbows on your knees. You will feel the stretching of the internal muscles of the hips and ligaments of the groin. Make sure that your back is flat.
- At the peak of the tension, stop for 30 seconds. Then go back to the starting position and repeat the exercise up to 5 times.
Stretching for the back
People with chronic pain in the back know about the benefits of stretching exercises. With regular execution of their pain completely go away.
In addition, exercises for stretching the back strengthen the blood supply to the spinal cord, provide an active supply of oxygen to the brain. For office staff, who spend the whole working day at the computer, gymnastics will become a prevention of osteochondrosis of the lumbar spine.
- Stand on all fours, keep your back straight, look at the floor.
- Deeply inhale, on exhalation, maximum arched back up, arch.
- Hold for 15 seconds, repeat at least 10 times.
- Lying on the floor with your back, press firmly against it with your shoulders.
- Right leg for the left, turning the body in the region of the waist, and not lifting his shoulders off the floor.
- Hold for 30 seconds, repeat with the other leg.
- Sitting on a chair, stretch out your arms and squeeze your hands into the lock.
- Intensively stretch your hands, keeping the torso motionless.
- Carry out 2 minutes.
Several rules of stretching:
- The first thing you need to do is warm up. Various jumps, swinging legs, or riding a bicycle (even on an exercise bike) will improve blood circulation and increase the supply of oxygen to the muscles.
- Stretch should be statistically, slowly and smoothly. Most likely, at the beginning of the stretch, you will bend less than at the end.
- Each element of the stretching exercises should be carried out on average 60 seconds. Depending on the degree of flexibility, this time can be reduced or increased.
- All muscles should be relaxed. And especially those that are currently stretching. Stressed muscle is very difficult to stretch!
- The back and posture should always be even. Even if you are bent down, try to straighten your back all the time. Hunched, you reduce the flexibility and elasticity of muscles and ligaments. Do not forget about it!
- Avoid positions that are fraught with a back injury. For example, if you lean forward with straight legs, reaching out to the toes, slightly bend your knees while straightening the body.
- Breathing should be calm. Watch him. Inhalation is recommended through the nose, and exhaled through the mouth.
- Stretch regularly. If you will be stretching one hour per week, then there will be absolutely no effect. Also, do not strive for the final result, you do not need to try to reach anything at any price.
- Stretching passes smoothly and, if you follow all the above recommendations, it will pass quickly and painlessly.
If you have “heavy” ligaments, you are not angry, stretch out gradually, it is absolutely not necessary to strive immediately to the maximum amplitude. Carry out a series and “listen” to the body. By the way, during the performance of many stretching exercises you can use weights or dumbbells – then you will get an additional power load.