Last Updated on
Jason Statham was born in a family of performers. When he got older, he moved to Great Yarmouth where he mastered the art of street theater. He also played football, but most likely prefers swimming. Statham was a member of the British national diving team for 12 years.
His father, who was an actor and gymnast, often taught him about swimming during his younger years.
In the late ’90s, an advertising agent who worked exclusively with athletes invited Statham to participate in Tommy Hilfiger’s advertising campaign. This is where his modeling career began. After a while, the owner of the firm, which was advertised by Bradley Martyn steroids, became the main producer of Guy Ritchie’s debut movie. This movie is titled “Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels” where the producer reached out to the director to make Statham a part of the film. The director was very fond of Statham’s flexibility, making the movie a debut for his acting career.
How to Get a Body Like Jason Statham?
Wondering how to get a body like Jason Statham? In this section, we thoroughly discussed his workout routine that you can follow. What you’ll find below is a detailed overview of Jason Statham’s training as well as his personal diet routine.
Before filming in Parker for The Expendables 2, Statham followed a certain exercise program. Former Navy SEAL Logan Hood, the head of Epoch Training, became Statham’s personal trainer. Jason Statham’s training lasts for a week except for Sunday. During the week, workouts were held in 87Eleven, which is a company for stuntmen and women in the film industry. The building is located near the warehouse beside the Los Angeles airport. Jason Statham’s abs is the prime example of how sophisticated his exercise routine is.
Heading inside, you will be greeted with ropes, trampolines, bars, mats, heavy bags, weights and a series of complex horizontal bars. On Saturday, the training was held in the Hollywood Hills area in the form of an hour marathon. Yearning to get that dream body you wanted? Let’s talk about Jason Statham’s workout routine below.
3 Stages of Jason Statham Workout
1. Warm Up
Jason Statham’s exercise starts with a warm up session. While warming up, the actor used a rowing machine as well as other cardiovascular devices. It is the easiest part of the exercise and it only takes 10 minutes. Statham also uses stretching exercises before starting this warmup session.
2. Medium Intensity
The first to target are the muscles of the body. There are different variations of this training. This includes three repetitions of each type of push-ups (arms are shoulder width apart, arms wider than shoulders, arms narrower than shoulders, with clap, right hand step, left hand step, legs above the head, etc.)
The next step includes using a pood kettlebell while doing a hang squat plus squat press or swings. (Tip: when the weight starts moving between your legs and ends at the level of the head, put your arm straight) Do 15 reps for each hand while the behind-the-neck kettlebell presses are 15 reps with two hands.
3. Circuit Training
The final stage is the most difficult one of the whole program, and this is called circuit training.
Statham’s circuit training includes the following series of exercises:
- Ball slams. Using a rubberized medicine ball weighing 9 kilograms, lift it above your head, and then forcefully slam the ball down on the floor as hard as you can (20 times).
- Pull-ups. “Jump” from one bar to the other, which is higher than the first (8 times).
- Rope climbing. Using an 8-meter rope, climb it with your hands and descend. Exercise is done without using your feet (4 reps). Try to reduce the amount of pulls each time.
- A triple kick. Put your feet shoulder width apart and do squats. Then move the legs back making a lying supporting position. Do a push-up, make a jerk, pull your legs to your chest and jump up as high as possible (20 times).
- Squats with a barbell. Place the weight barbell on the front deltas while holding it on the overhead grip. Hold the back upright, perform a squat until your hips are parallel to the floor, and immediately return to the starting position (20 times).
- Bent knees lifting. Hang on the bar and bend your knees, then pull them to your chest. Hold for a second, and then return your legs to their initial position (20 times).
- Weighted step-ups. Take the barbell (you can replace it with 2 dumbbells) and step up. Then step down (20 times).
- Farmer’s walk. Carry a 32-kilogram kettlebell in each hand. Go along the gym to and from (3 times).
- Basic exercises. You can choose between bench presses, squats or deadlift with light weight (20 times).
Jason Statham Workout Routine
Jason Statham’s workout plan is scheduled on a weekly basis. The 51-year-old actor hits the gym 6 days a week, which is continually altered. His training program is packed with high-intensity exercises that keep his heart rate up while burning fat to tone muscles. The calf workout philosophy is designed to make use of an alternative dynamic/static approach while holding the weights at locked out position.
Day 1: Pyramid Circuit Workout
Seven reps of each exercise that target your back, abs, arms, and legs
- Warming up: 10 minutes on a rowing machine at a speed of 20 strokes/minute
- Indian push ups
- Ring pull-ups
- Squats with bodyweight only
- Stiff leg deadlifts
- Hanging leg raises
- Cooling down: 10 minutes freestyle aerial work on a gymnastic trampoline
Day 2: Static Hold Circuit and Big Five 55 Training
Static Circuit (four sets of each french press exercise with the weights held for 30 seconds and 10 seconds of rest between sets)
- Warming up: 10 minutes on a rowing machine at a speed of 20 strokes/minute
- Flat bench chest press
- Military press shoulder exercise
- Dumbbell chest flys
- Triceps press-downs with dumbbell
- L-sit hold on dip bars
- Farmers hold with kettlebell
- Bodyweight squat hold
- Cooling down: 10 minutes on a gymnastic trampoline
Big Five 55 Training Program (a circuit comprising 5 exercises done 10 times without rest. Start with 10 reps of each exercise and gradually decrease by 1 in each set. Each exercise is repeated countless times depending on your preferred time)
- Front squats with weights
- Decline push-ups
- Power cleans with a barbell
- Knee to elbows
Day 3: Interval Training
- Warming up 2000 m at 15-20 strokes/minute on a rowing machine
- Six intervals of alternate rowing and rest. Between each 500 m, include a 3-min active rests that involve walking around the gym or house.
- Warm up with shadowboxing and lunges for legs
- 3-min intervals of punching and kicking against a padded target (5 times)
- 2-min rounds against a heavy bag (3 times)
- 3-min session against a speed bag (once)
- Kettlebell farmers hold (3 sets)
Day 4: Lower Body Workout and Push-Ups
- Warm-up: Rowing 2000 m
- Squats with bodyweight only (20 reps)
- Front squats with 175lb weight (5 sets, 5 reps, rest 90 seconds between sets)
- Stiff leg deadlifts (4 sets, 1 rep at 130, 140, 160, and 180 percent of the bodyweight, rest 3 min between sets)
- Reverse abs crunches (Jason Statham’s ab workout)
- Cooling down: 200 push-ups (sets of 15-20-25-20-15 reps)
Day 5: Cumulative Training
- Warming up: Rope climbs, bear crawls (20 yards), and crab walks (20 yards), 5 reps each
One set of the following workouts done briskly:
- Front squats with 120% bodyweight (5 reps)
- Medicine ball slams (5 reps)
- Rope pulls (5 reps)
- Flat bench press (10 reps)
- Medicine ball slams (10 reps)
- Pull-ups (15 reps)
- Medicine ball slams (10 reps)
- Dips (15 reps)
- Medicine ball slams (15 reps)
- Rope pulls (20 reps)
- Medicine ball slams (20 reps)
Day 6: Contextual Workout
- Trail running for more than an hour.
- Rest day
Jason Statham’s workout plan might be too extensive for beginners. So if you want to achieve his godlike body, keeping yourself motivated is the key to success. But for bodybuilders who are looking for the ultimate exercise program to follow, look no further than Statham’s workout routine.
Jason Statham Diet
Jason Statham’s fitness not only consists of extensive exercises, but also proper diet as well. To keep fit, you need to eat right. Of course, Jason Statham adhered to this rule. However, he was not fond of any “star diets” and followed the simple foundations of a healthy diet instead. In his interviews, Statham says that he followed a special diet only during filming.
Other than that, he did not try to adhere to a certain diet, but instead kept a goal of 2000 calories per day. To keep a lean muscle mass with minimal fat, Statham eats healthy food including nuts, beans, fish, and chicken. He says that ninety-five percent of his diet comprises fat and carb-free foods.
However, that does not stop him from gorging on chocolates occasionally. The actor makes sure that he eats sugary and starchy foods only during daytime. This means he gets enough time to burn the extra calories off for the rest of the day. His diet does not include fruit juices that contain excessive amounts of fructose, as well as some juices with added sugar. He also abstains from alcohol as well.
Every evening, Statham prepares a dessert which is a cocktail of fruits mixed with yogurt.
Jason believes that the best way to keep fit is to record everything you eat. That’s why he carries a notebook with him everywhere to write down everything he eats for the day.
Another rule is calorie limitation. Jason adheres to the old sports prescription: dividing the daily ration into five or six small meals. That’s why his food consumption is only limited to egg whites, vegetables, lean meat, fish, nuts and protein shakes. And all this fits into the 2000-calorie limit. Jason Statham’s workout and diet, gives you the best of both worlds of health and nutrition. What is Geneza Pharma GP Test Enanth 250?
Jason Statham’s diet is very simple. Its principle can be called classic: cutting calories, and replacing unhealthy foods in favor of proteins and carbohydrates.
Statham’s daily meal plan is as follows:
- Breakfast: Fresh fruits such as pineapple and strawberries, oats, poached eggs, granola.
- Lunch: Brown rice, steamed vegetables, or miso soup.
- Dinner: Lean beef, chicken, fish, vegetable salad. He avoids eating after 7 o’clock in the evening;
- Peanut butter, nuts, or other high-protein snacks between meals.
- At least 3 liters water per day.
Try out Jason Statham’s workout and diet program to jumpstart your metabolism and lose fat easier.
Trust the process, follow this workout consistently, and you will surely get that “Jason Statham body” in no time.
11 Comments Leave a comment
Hi! Do you happen to know about Jason Statham’s diet routine?
Hello there. Yes. Statham’s diet routine involves limiting your calorie consumption. This means eating more healthy foods that are high in protein and carbs instead of unhealthy ones. Such foods include eggs, fish, lean meat, and vegetables.
Hello, Is there a difference to my overall physique if I follow Jason Statham’s workout program?
Yes, following Jason Statham’s workout program will make a huge difference to your overall physique. It will make your body leaner, stronger, and healthier. Just keep yourself motivated if you want to adhere to this program to ensure long-term success.
How often does Jason Statham workout?
Statham alternates between 5 exercises and performs the entire circuit 10 times. He starts with 10 reps, then goes down to 9, then 8, and so on, making for a total of 55 reps per exercise.
What kind of supplements Jason Statham take? any idea?
If you wonder where Jason Statham gets the energy he has during his exercise or his tricks, it’s from his suggested creatine supplement.
Jason Statham practice combative techniques too?
Jason Statham trained in various martial arts and is considered as top-tier as professional MMA athletes.
Wow what a workout and diet.