To the category of universal exercises, which can be used as a gym, and in home training, is the exercise of climbers. The benefit of this training is not limited to traditional weight loss. It can be found in various training programs, including it is popular in crossfit. First of all, because during the exercise, the load is given to different parts of the body. What muscles get a load in the climber exercise, how to properly do it and how to complicate the training, let us consider further.
The intensive load in the exercise of the climber is obtained by different muscle groups. He is rightfully considered universal and really effective. Is the use of the climber’s exercise limited to training only for the press? Exercise is useful because it involves the work of different muscles, strengthening and bringing them into a tonus. Using it, you can achieve the following results:
- The general strengthening of the deep muscles of the trunk, due to which the stabilization of the spine is ensured.
- Tighten and tone the arms, legs, and the press.
- Maintain the health of the spine and the royal posture.
- Strengthen the muscles of the lower body, work out the elasticity of ligaments and tendons.
- Provide natural compaction of bone tissue.
- Exercise can be used as an effective workout.
- Exercise climber helps burn calories at an intense pace, it is effective for forming a relief press and total weight loss.
- Increase endurance during physical exertion and general vitality.
What groups of muscles affect?
Assess the effectiveness of the climber for the press can be on the immediate occurrence of results in the case of regular training. However, in addition to the muscles of the press, the “climber” or “climber” also uses other parts of the body that receive an excellent load.
Let’s consider in the table on what groups of muscles the load is calculated during the performance of the climber’s exercise.
|Part of the body||What muscles get stressed?||What are they responsible for?|
|Musculoskeletal||Deep muscles that lie next to the spine||Responsible for fixing the spine, allowing you to maintain a healthy spine and correct posture|
|Muscles of the body||
||Responsible for the position of the body and its orientation|
|Muscles of the legs||
||Provides smartness and overall muscle tone|
|Muscles of the upper trunk||
||General tone of the body|
|Muscles of the shoulder girdle||
||Smartness and tone|
Variations of exercise and their technique of execution
The classical technique of performing the exercise “climber” can not be called difficult. To get the desired result in the form of a strong bark, the general tone during training, you must follow three simple rules:
- The rule of breathing. Free and even breathing is your ally in the performance of the “climber”.
- The rule of gradual increase in the pace of exercise. Do not pursue the speed, but gain the technique, gradually speeding the movement with your feet.
- The rule of the position of the trunk. The correct position of the body is stretched and even, as in the initial position.
Let’s take a closer look at how to properly do the climber’s exercise. You can master the technique by carefully listening to the sensations, first slowly and consistently performing all the actions. Gradually, you can increase the pace of training and use sophisticated variations.
So, the technique of performing the “climber”:
- We accept the starting position in the supine position. Hands are straightened, legs are placed on the width of the shoulders. On the floor rest against the palms and toes of the feet. The body is held straight, do not bend the lower back and do not expose the buttocks upward, evenly distribute the weight of the body on the supports.
- Exhale with simultaneous tension of the abdominal muscles. Together with this we pull the knee of one leg to the chest (without shifting the knee to the right or left). The loin remains flat, without bending.
- We return the leg back on exhalation. The muscles of the press remain in suspense. We repeat the exercise with the other leg.
- We perform the necessary number of repetitions in the approach. After that we rest.
Target muscles for the “climber” are the muscles of the press. Also in the exercise involved chest and buttocks.
To complicate the classic “climber” can be slightly modified the technique of implementation. Let’s consider how to do an exercise of a climber with twisting:
- To do this, we occupy the same starting position as for traditional push-ups (hands on the width of the shoulders, legs together, we keep our backs straight).
- We inhale, and on exhalation we bend the right knee and at the expense of twisting in the waist area we direct it to the left side to the shoulder. On exhalation we return to the starting position, then we repeat the exercise with the other leg.
For this “climber” with twisting there are 2 options for doing:
- First we perform all the repetitions with one foot, so the second one;
- alternately change legs, performing the same number of repetitions on each side.
The target muscles in this exercise are the inner and outer obliques, as well as the rectus abdominis muscle. From the legs – this is the quadriceps muscle of the thigh. Auxiliary muscles are the comb and biceps femoris muscle.
“Rock-climber” with his hands on a bench or on a ball
To perform a sophisticated “climber” will require additional equipment: bench, ball (stuffed, gymnastic or hemisphere barefoot). Technique of execution:
- We take the emphasis lying, hands on the support (ball, bench) there, so that they are just under the shoulders and were completely straightened.
- Straining the muscles of the trunk, especially the press.
- Raise the knee to the chest (on exhalation), while trying to keep the trunk as straight as possible.
- On inhalation we return to the point of lying down, we repeat the exercise with the other leg.
The most effective exercise will be if you hold the body straight at the expense of the strained muscles of the press during its execution. When lifting the knees, you need to follow the lower back. Do not round it and bend it. During the “climber” do not bend your elbows.
“Rock Climber” is a two-legged
Exercise for climbers at home can be complicated. After mastering the traditional technique of exercise, you can move on to an advanced version of the two-legged rock climber. The main difference – in the main movement involved at once two legs. How does this training work?
- We accept the initial position (the support lying). Hands are shoulder width apart, legs stand together.
- Check the position of the body. It should be like a straight line. The loin is not rounded.
- On exhalation we pull the knees of both feet to the chest in the buckle. On exhalation we return back.
Target muscles in this version of the climber except the press are still hands and back. Auxiliary – the muscles of the cortex and delta.
The desire to make an approach as soon as possible and a lack of understanding of what muscles work during the “climber” exercise – the basic mistakes of beginning athletes. Do not rush in the process of mastering technology. It is better to improve the quality and the gradualness of the movement, gradually increasing the number of repetitions and the speed of movements.
What other mistakes are there? Consider in the table the main violations of technology and how to eliminate them:
|Common Errors||How to eliminate?|
|In the initial position, the body weight is shifted to the arms or legs.||Distribute the body weight in the starting position between the arms and legs evenly.|
|Offset of the body in one of the sides during the movements of the legs.||Keep the body straight while performing the exercise. The abdomen is tightened and is in constant tension.|
|Rounded waist.||Keep your back straight, watch your lower back.It should not sag during the climber’s performance.|
|Bent elbows, the body weight shifts to the arms, the elbow joint works in overload mode.||Ideal – straight arms, if it is difficult (weak muscles of the arms) allowed slightly bent elbows.|
|Shortness of breath and shallow breathing.||Maintain a calm and even breathing during the whole exercise.|
As the stamina increases, gradually go to the “climber” at a fast pace and with the maximum number of repetitions. At the same time fully observing the technique of the exercise.