Last Updated on
How to do a circuit training? Features, rules, advantages and disadvantages you will find in this article. The problem of getting rid of excess weight is especially acute in the spring, when it comes to the realization that the summer is already around the corner. What kind of attempts is not made in an effort to lose weight faster. But, unfortunately, no miracle drugs and diets are able to help in this matter. The first – because they do not exist at all, and the latter not only will not get rid of excess kilograms, but they can add new ones. But a good friend will be training, aimed at reducing excess weight and working out all the muscles. Such training is called circuit. They include both cardio loads and power.
The main goal of the circuit training is to work out the muscles of the whole body in one day. Thus aerobic loadings are combined with power, for which both simulators and free weights will approach. It should be noted that the weight of gravity should be limited. Circuit training is not aimed at the formation of muscle mass and is carried out with high intensity, because of this, large weights for it are not suitable.
To conduct a circuit training, 10-12 butt exercises are selected, aimed at all parts of the body. One such circle is repeated 2-3 times with rest between sets in 30 seconds. When the intensity of the exercise is too great, the time between approaches should be increased to 1 minute.
Advantages and disadvantages
Circuit training is more popular even than cardio. This is due to the fact that this scheme is suitable for the largest number of people. Circuit training can be done at home. The method of circuit training is suitable for men, women and girls. The only difference is that men pay the most attention to the upper body, and women – the bottom.
- Ideal for intensive fat burning;
- increases physical strength;
- during training, each muscle of the body is included in the work;
- accelerates the metabolism;
- keeps muscle volume;
- strengthens the cardiovascular system;
- suitable for beginners;
- You can practice your circuit training at home.
- does not build muscle.
Rules of training
- Initially, it is necessary to draw up a training plan, which will consist of several exercises. It is necessary to choose 2 – 3 exercises for each part of the body.
- Before the start of training, it is mandatory to perform a 5-minute warm-up. Muscles should be heated slowly, gradually increasing the pace of warm-up. When the muscles are prepared, you can start training.
- Training of one muscle group should begin with the easiest exercise, so the muscles will be able to prepare for the upcoming load.
- The choice of weight should be approached carefully. Weight should not be chosen very heavy and bring the muscles to failure.
In one round, 10 to 50 repetitions of each exercise are performed.
- After completing one lap, you should rest for about 1 minute.
- The duration of the circuit training should not exceed 30 minutes, otherwise you risk losing part of the muscle mass.
- 2 – 3 lessons per week will be the most optimal for the body.
- Rest between training sessions should be at least 48 hours. During this time, the muscles will fully recover.
- Program and exercises for circuit training
- There is a huge number of programs for circuit training, besides you can create a personal scheme yourself, but it will be better to coordinate it with the trainer beforehand.
Classic circuit training program.
Squats are aimed at the formation of the gluteal muscles. The weight of your body is used, and dumbbells or a bar are used to achieve a high effect.
When push-ups are worked out the muscles of the hands, as well as pectoral muscles under the weight of their own body.
The starting position is like pressing, then jumping to the squat position.
The “starfish” jumps.
During the jump, legs and hands should be set aside and jump as quickly as possible.
The swing of the press.
Exercise helps to strengthen the press. It is necessary to pump both the upper and lower press.
Excellent cardio, working the muscles of the legs.
During all the time allotted for this exercise, you need to run from one end of the hall to the other, while you should sit down and touch the floor. Run better as soon as possible.
What is the use?
If you do not aim to increase muscle mass, you should pay attention to this method. It will help make the body attractive much faster. There are other reasons for such occupations:
- You spend more time rationally, and quickly leave the hall. Therefore, you have more free time.
- Losing weight. Special circular training helps him greatly contribute.
- Improvement of physical condition and muscular endurance
- The whole body works.
- Circuit training can be practiced anywhere and even without special equipment.
- Circuit training was invented by scientists at the University of Leeds in 1953.
Its principle is delightfully simple: you select 8-10 exercises and perform one after another. Then you rest for a couple of minutes and repeat it all over again. Training is built on the principle of fat burning only with the help of strength exercises. Big energy costs – that’s why this method works. In addition, the production of growth hormone contributes to a greater loss of fat.
If you are not in very good shape and can not perform eight or ten exercises in a row, reduce them to five or six. Rest between them for a minimum of 30-40 seconds, but make sure that the total training time is not more than 45 minutes: circuit training is a serious load and should not be long.